Shop fire in East Ham causes road closure
- Credit: Getty Images
A fire has broken out at a shop in Barking Road this morning.
The London Fire Brigade were called to the scene at 8.33am to the shop, which has flats above it.
Four people were evacuated before the brigade arrived.
A spokeswoman said that four jets and one hosereel were being used to treat the fire, and firefighters are still on the scene.
She added that around 25 per cent of the shop’s basement was damaged, as well as around 10 pc of the ground floor.
Barking Road was initially closed between High Street North and Ernald Avenue, with bus routes on diversion, but it has since reopened in both directions.
- 1 First Omicron case reported in Newham
- 2 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 3 'London is moving east': City Hall's Crystal move confirmed for New Year
- 4 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 5 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 6 Things to do in east London this weekend
- 7 Hammers fans show support for Christmas Toy Appeal
- 8 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 9 Leyton Orient could send goalkeeper Sargeant back out on loan
- 10 East London man charged with six terrorism offences