Share your story with elderly of Manor Park
Two care homes in Manor Park need local storytellers to spin a good yarn for elderly residents this January.
To commemorate National Storytelling Week from January 28 to February 4, Baker’s Court Nursing Centre in Little Ilford Lane and Mornington Hall in Whitta Road will be hosting community storytelling events.
Last year saw hundreds of London storytellers step forward to entertain residents in Bupa care homes with some classic storytelling to raise awareness of the value of sharing stories.
Laura Hardaker, Bupa’s community affairs assistant, said: “Whether you’re a budding poet, a lively storyteller or you have your own tale to tell, we’d love to hear from anyone who can take part.
“We want to bring people of all ages together to feed imaginations, share memories and help celebrate the lost art of storytelling.”
You may also want to watch:
The Manor Park care homes will also be teaming up with community groups and schools to launch writing competitions to encourage others to share their tales.
Katie Clark, older people’s project manager, added: “Listening to and reading aloud different stories will have a huge impact on wellbeing and engagement.”
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 5 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 6 West Ham Academy legend receives honorary doctorate from UEL
- 7 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 8 Things to do: Enjoy the last of summer out in east London this weekend
- 9 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k
- 10 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
Anyone interested in attending or taking part in a storytelling event can call 0845 600 4622 or email email@example.com.