Share your story with elderly of Manor Park
Two care homes in Manor Park need local storytellers to spin a good yarn for elderly residents this January.
To commemorate National Storytelling Week from January 28 to February 4, Baker’s Court Nursing Centre in Little Ilford Lane and Mornington Hall in Whitta Road will be hosting community storytelling events.
Last year saw hundreds of London storytellers step forward to entertain residents in Bupa care homes with some classic storytelling to raise awareness of the value of sharing stories.
Laura Hardaker, Bupa’s community affairs assistant, said: “Whether you’re a budding poet, a lively storyteller or you have your own tale to tell, we’d love to hear from anyone who can take part.
“We want to bring people of all ages together to feed imaginations, share memories and help celebrate the lost art of storytelling.”
You may also want to watch:
The Manor Park care homes will also be teaming up with community groups and schools to launch writing competitions to encourage others to share their tales.
Katie Clark, older people’s project manager, added: “Listening to and reading aloud different stories will have a huge impact on wellbeing and engagement.”
- 1 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 2 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 3 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 4 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 5 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 6 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 7 Levels youngsters sign Premier League and Football League contracts
- 8 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 9 How Ben Levinson OBE has helped turn around Kensington Primary School
- 10 Tokyo or bust for Newham Beagles and Olympic hero Sir Mo Farah
Anyone interested in attending or taking part in a storytelling event can call 0845 600 4622 or email email@example.com.