Canning Town boy, 17, charged with murder of teenager Shanur Ahmed
- Credit: Archant
A 17-year old boy has been charged with the murder of Shanur Ahmed.
The teenager from Canning Town was charged on Saturday, March 7, with murder, affray and possession of an offensive weapon.
He will appear in custody at Stratford Magistrates' Court on Monday, March 9.
Four other boys arrested on suspicion of murder - two 17-year olds and two 16-year olds - have been bailed pending further enquiries.
A 20-year-old man has been released with no further action.
You may also want to watch:
An investigation was launched after Shanur's body was found on scrubland at Gallions Reach DLR station on March 3.
Enquiries by homicide detectives continue.
- 1 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 2 There's huge belief in the team insists West Ham loanee Jesse Lingard
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Player ratings: Lingard and Bowen guide Hammers back into the top four
- 5 West Ham boss Moyes hailed players in Leicester City victory
- 6 Election candidate slams plans for Durning Hall in Forest Gate
- 7 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals
- 8 Elections, Ron Dyer, Islamophobia and Covid
- 9 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 10 Former boxer compared feet with Prince Philip during visit to club