Shake Shack opening second UK store in Westfield Stratford
- Credit: Getty Images
A New York restaurant chain will open its second UK store in Stratford next week, creating more than 100 jobs.
Famous for its burgers, hot dogs and milkshakes, Shake Shack will arrive on The Street in the heart of the Westfield Stratford City shopping centre on Wednesday, May 20.
The memorable interior of the so-called “fast-casual” diner will feature recyclable and sustainable materials including table tops made from reclaimed bowling alleys handcrafted in Brooklyn, and reclaimed wall panelling from water tanks that once topped buildings across the Big Apple’s skyline.
“Over the past two years we’ve been amazed with the reception Londoners have given Shake Shack in Covent Garden,” said Randy Garutti, the chain’s chief executive.
“Since that time, we’ve worked hard to further our connection to local purveyors and artisanal producers who make our all-natural burgers and made-fresh daily frozen custard menu what it is.”
Shake Shack will work alongside The London Lions basketball team and E20 Community and Cultural Interest Organization.
See shakeshack.com for more.
- 1 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 2 One arrest, man in hospital after Stratford station attack
- 3 New Upton Park diner offers free burgers to first 100 customers
- 4 Motorcyclist, 19, remains in ‘life-threatening’ condition after A13 incident
- 5 New online information resource set up for Newham families
- 6 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 7 Overnight closure of Stratford Centre to continue for another 18 months
- 8 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 9 Motorcyclist, 19, in critical condition after hitting barriers on A13 Newham Way
- 10 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network