Services at Canning Town local service centre moving to library
Services provided at Canning Town Local Service Centre (LSC) will be moving to Canning Town Library later this summer.
The library will be fully refurbished to provide these services through enhanced self-service points where customers can deal with the council quickly and easily. The library is closed until mid-September while improvements take place.
Residents can also access many council facilities by visiting www.newham.gov.uk, either from the comfort of your own home, or by using the internet for free in any of the borough’s libraries.
The library will offer:
• enhanced self-service points where customers will be able to deal with a wide range of straight forward council transactions quickly and easily
• quick access to services and information based around your needs
• services in a clean, bright and friendly environment
- 1 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 2 Leyton Orient boss Jackett hoping to strengthen squad
- 3 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 4 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 5 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 6 Beckton children’s hospice given £5k to replace stolen garden equipment
- 7 New boy Brown 'buzzing' to help Leyton Orient
- 8 'Time to end the injustice': Barts staff set to strike amid pay dispute
- 9 Trust seeks extension to fire safety order after £35m hospital work delay
- 10 Man remains in critical condition after Stratford Station attack
• advice on how to access council services
• improved access to services from one location
One facility that will no longer be available is the council’s cash office in Canning Town. A council spokesman said there are now many other ways to pay your rent, council tax and other charges, including by Direct Debit, standing order, online and by telephone.
Guidance will be available locally, including money management advice sessions, to help residents access these other payment methods. Collecting cash payments in council offices costs the council a large amount of money each year. Familes can still pay rent and council tax using Allpay cards in the nearby Post Office, as well as at many other shops in the area.
To find out about alternative payment methods visit www.newham.gov.uk/payit or pick up a leaflet in your LSC.
For more information about all the changes taking place, speak to a member of staff at your nearest LSC or visit www.newham.gov.uk/counciltax