Seminars to help Newham schools get funding
Schools struggling with finding cash could benefit from special seminars being organised to help them beat cuts in their budgets.
The idea behind them is to bring schools and businesses together to see if they can agree on mutually beneficial partnerships to ensure schools can remain sustainable into the future.
They are aimed at headteachers, chair of governors, school business managers and school bursars as well as anyone responsible for fundraising such as Parent Teacher Associations.
Seminars on May 30 will be held at the De Vere Venue Canary Wharf, 1 Westferry Circus, Canary Wharf. Those on May 31 will be held at De Vere Venues West One, 9-10 Portland Place, W1B 1PR. They are run by Complete Informed Choices Ltd, a business management support service that delivers innovative ways for people to change the way they do business.
John Williams, director at Complete Informed Choices Ltd, and one of the key speakers, said: “Schools really need to think out of the box so they can take advantage of many services that can be provided for them by private companies.
“As funding cuts continue to bite, it is often IT suites that suffer but an innovative partnership with a business could well be the answer. Up-to-date IT is essential to ensure pupils get the best education and, in return, the company not only gets a greater sense of corporate responsibility but also gets to showcase their products to a ready market of pupils, their family and friends.
“The seminars will explain the various options available such as sponsorship, help in kind or promotions but also ensure schools are aware of any pitfalls and that they gain full parental backing before entering a partnership.”
- 1 Revealed: Cause of Plaistow tower block fire which left 5 men in hospital
- 2 60 firefighters deal with Plaistow tower block fire
- 3 Revealed: Cause of terraced houses blaze in East Ham
- 4 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 5 Moncur 'overwhelmed' to join Leyton Orient
- 6 East Ham fire: Terraced houses damaged by blaze as woman treated at scene
- 7 Truck towing stolen Rolls Royce SUV crashes before dramatic foot chase
- 8 Fares Maatou was 'murdered with stolen sword', court hears
- 9 Moosakhan Nasiri: Man charged with Plashet Park murder
- 10 Series of failures sees Met Police placed under special measures
Tickets are �179 plus VAT for Education settings and not for profit sectors, with a 15 per cent discount for early bird bookings. For more information and to book email email@example.com.