Seminars to help Newham schools get funding
Schools struggling with finding cash could benefit from special seminars being organised to help them beat cuts in their budgets.
The idea behind them is to bring schools and businesses together to see if they can agree on mutually beneficial partnerships to ensure schools can remain sustainable into the future.
They are aimed at headteachers, chair of governors, school business managers and school bursars as well as anyone responsible for fundraising such as Parent Teacher Associations.
Seminars on May 30 will be held at the De Vere Venue Canary Wharf, 1 Westferry Circus, Canary Wharf. Those on May 31 will be held at De Vere Venues West One, 9-10 Portland Place, W1B 1PR. They are run by Complete Informed Choices Ltd, a business management support service that delivers innovative ways for people to change the way they do business.
John Williams, director at Complete Informed Choices Ltd, and one of the key speakers, said: “Schools really need to think out of the box so they can take advantage of many services that can be provided for them by private companies.
You may also want to watch:
“As funding cuts continue to bite, it is often IT suites that suffer but an innovative partnership with a business could well be the answer. Up-to-date IT is essential to ensure pupils get the best education and, in return, the company not only gets a greater sense of corporate responsibility but also gets to showcase their products to a ready market of pupils, their family and friends.
“The seminars will explain the various options available such as sponsorship, help in kind or promotions but also ensure schools are aware of any pitfalls and that they gain full parental backing before entering a partnership.”
- 1 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 2 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 3 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 4 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 7 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 8 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 9 Family given 'gift' of week to say goodbye to son who died at 10 minutes old
- 10 Man in critical condition after triple shooting in Newham
Tickets are �179 plus VAT for Education settings and not for profit sectors, with a 15 per cent discount for early bird bookings. For more information and to book email firstname.lastname@example.org.