Scrapyard fire causes traffic problems
A FIRE in a scrapyard near the Blackwall Tunnel this morning has caused traffic problems Canning Town, Plaistow, East ham and other parts of East London.
About 30 firefighters have been at the blaze in St Leonard’s Walk in Bow since the early hours.
Thick smoke from the scrapyard, which is full of cars and tyres, has closed the Blackwall Tunnel Approach in Bow and other roads, causing major traffic queues.
The fire is now under control but smoke is still casing problems.
A spokeswoman for the London Fire Brigade said 80 per cent of the scrapyard was damaged and 20 per cent of an industrial building was destroyed.
You may also want to watch:
A propane cylinder was removed.
- 1 Bus crashes into lamp post in Stratford
- 2 Start Me Up: Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens studio in Canning Town for budding musicians
- 3 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 4 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 5 Appeal to help find cat missing from Canning Town
- 6 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 7 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 8 Meet the weight-loss runner using Newham as a canvas
- 9 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 10 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford