Scrapyard fire causes traffic problems
A FIRE in a scrapyard near the Blackwall Tunnel this morning has caused traffic problems Canning Town, Plaistow, East ham and other parts of East London.
About 30 firefighters have been at the blaze in St Leonard’s Walk in Bow since the early hours.
Thick smoke from the scrapyard, which is full of cars and tyres, has closed the Blackwall Tunnel Approach in Bow and other roads, causing major traffic queues.
The fire is now under control but smoke is still casing problems.
A spokeswoman for the London Fire Brigade said 80 per cent of the scrapyard was damaged and 20 per cent of an industrial building was destroyed.
You may also want to watch:
A propane cylinder was removed.
- 1 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 2 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 3 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 6 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 7 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 8 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 9 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation