Schoolboy involved in an accident with bus in Manor Park
A schoolboy has been involved in an accident with a bus in Manor Park
A schoolboy has been taken to hospital after he was involved in an accident with a bus in Manor Park this afternoon.
It is understood the lad may have trapped his foot and leg underneath a wheel or door of the bus.
The 104 bus was heading along Station Road and was outside Manor Park Railway Station when the accident happened.
Scotland Yard said police were called at around 12.20pm.
You may also want to watch:
London Ambulance Service said they were called at 12.25pm to reports of an accident between a bus and pedestrian. They sent an ambulance and a car to the scene.
“Crews treated a young lad for a foot injury at the scene as he was taken by ambulance to Whipps Cross Hospital,” said an LAS spokesman.
- 1 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 2 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 3 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 4 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 7 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 8 East Ham Central welcomes new Labour councillor
- 9 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing
- 10 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
The A117 London Station Road in Manor Park was closed in both directions between the junction with the A118 Romford Road junction and the Park Road junction, to allow for accident investigations to be carried out.
“A Stagecoach spokesperson said, “We can confirm that one of our buses on route 104 has been involved in an incident involving a young person at Manor Park. Our first thoughts are for the welfare of the injured party and their family.
“We will be carrying out a full investigation into the circumstances of the incident and will take whatever action is appropriate as a result.”