School’s out for summer - but not in Manor Park
- Credit: Archant
Summer holidays are upon us and school staff and students are looking forward to a well deserved break.
But dedicated teachers, Gillian Benjamin and Yvonne Ackuaku, are sharpening their pencils and gearing up to sharpen the minds of youngsters in Newham.
Wise Owl Learning summer school will provide supplementary learning on Saturdays for youngsters in the borough.
The scheme is supported by National Lottery funding and aims to empower 60 seven to 12-year-olds by “enhancing their numeracy and literacy ability.”
Gillian said: “As teachers we know that with the right type of teaching, motivation and encouragement we can equip young people with the confidence and necessary skills for them to become achievers.”
You may also want to watch:
Fun but educational workshops will be held in drama, English, art, “magical maths/tricks”, Latin and sport.
It will take place at Salisbury Primary School in Manor Park for a one week period starting on the following dates:
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 5 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 10 Westfield Stratford City reopens after shop fire caused by electrical fault
Monday 3rd – Wednesday 5th August 2015
Monday 10th – Wednesday 13th August 2015
Monday 17th – Wednesday 19th August 2015
For more information contact Yvonne Ackuaku or Gillian Benjamin on telephone number 0207 511 9011 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.