School musicians launch Canning Town’s Evenings on the Green
- Credit: Archant
Talented budding musicians entertained the crowds at the launch of Canning Town’s Evenings on the Green underneath the A13 flyover.
The Every Child a Musician orchestra performed at arts enterprise The BrickBox’s first event of the summer in Terry Spinks Place on Friday.
Mayor of Newham Sir Robin Wales was among those in attendance, alongside deputy mayor Cllr Lester Hudson.
A variety of arts and cultural activities events will be held under the flyover every Friday until mid-September.
Sir Robin praised the “exciting programme of events” which he said would “involve and celebrate the local community”.
You may also want to watch:
“Residents have been at the heart of the Canning Town and Custom House regeneration scheme and we have worked hard to ensure they directly benefit,” he added. “It is great to see this new public space being brought to life and used to bring people together.”
Read more: Friday fun under Canning Town flyover
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 6 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 What's on across east London this weekend?
- 9 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards
- 10 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work