School musicians launch Canning Town’s Evenings on the Green
- Credit: Archant
Talented budding musicians entertained the crowds at the launch of Canning Town’s Evenings on the Green underneath the A13 flyover.
The Every Child a Musician orchestra performed at arts enterprise The BrickBox’s first event of the summer in Terry Spinks Place on Friday.
Mayor of Newham Sir Robin Wales was among those in attendance, alongside deputy mayor Cllr Lester Hudson.
A variety of arts and cultural activities events will be held under the flyover every Friday until mid-September.
Sir Robin praised the “exciting programme of events” which he said would “involve and celebrate the local community”.
You may also want to watch:
“Residents have been at the heart of the Canning Town and Custom House regeneration scheme and we have worked hard to ensure they directly benefit,” he added. “It is great to see this new public space being brought to life and used to bring people together.”
Read more: Friday fun under Canning Town flyover
- 1 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 2 There's huge belief in the team insists West Ham loanee Jesse Lingard
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Player ratings: Lingard and Bowen guide Hammers back into the top four
- 5 West Ham boss Moyes hailed players in Leicester City victory
- 6 Election candidate slams plans for Durning Hall in Forest Gate
- 7 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals
- 8 Elections, Ron Dyer, Islamophobia and Covid
- 9 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 10 Former boxer compared feet with Prince Philip during visit to club