Sarah Bonnell students to receive free prom dresses
- Credit: Archant
Girls at Sarah Bonnell School won’t have to worry about finding their perfect prom dress this year, thanks to a dress shop in Stratford.
David’s Bridal, in Westfield Stratford City, has 150 dresses to give away to the most promising year 11 students.
Star pupils will have the chance to pick their dream dress from a pop up store at the Deanery Road school after the Easter holidays.
Lucy Richards, director of UK merchandising at David’s Bridal, said: “We’re extremely proud to be supporting the local pupils of Sarah Bonnell who have excelled in their final year at secondary school and look forward to being part of such an important event that celebrates their academic success to date.”
Launched alongside the Mayor of Newham, Sir Robin Wales, the initiative aims to reward pupils who have excelled in their final year and bring the prom tradition alive.
You may also want to watch:
The school beat off others in the borough to be selected to receive the free dresses.
Sarah Jacobs, headteacher of Sarah Bonnell School, said: “The students have worked hard and focused on their studies and this is a lovely reward for all their efforts and one which will make the prom event a very special one.
- 1 Steven Fry stabbing: Man charged with murder to appear at Old Bailey
- 2 3D street art illusion brings Boleyn Ground to life
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 Fire damages house in East Ham
- 5 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 6 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 7 Canning Town charity marks fifth year with tributes to founder
- 8 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 9 Haircuts, flu jabs and health care: Event to link up homeless and vulnerable people with free support services
- 10 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case