Santa comes to town with a visit to the Stratford Centre
- Credit: Archant
Santa visited the Stratford Centre on Sunday to kick off the festive season and the annual “Santa’s Letters”.
Hundreds of customers posed with Santa in his Giant Rocking Chair for photos on December1 for the free event from 11am to 5pm.
The photos have been uploaded to the Stratford Centre’s Facebook page for customers to share with friends and family.
Lisa O’Hanlon, marketing manager at Stratford Centre, said: “It was a brilliant day.
“Santa’s visit went down really well, and the kids loved getting up into the giant chair.”
You may also want to watch:
There was also a Christmas craft workshop and a special visit from the cast of Dick Wittington, playing at the Theatre Royal Stratford East.
Visitors can also write letters to Santa to receive a special Christmas card from Santa and entry into a Christmas draw to win a Christmas meal with all the trimmings.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 5 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 6 Average house price in Newham slides again after record February
- 7 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 8 Chief nurse of England praises Newham specialist school nurses
- 9 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 10 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
More information is available at a stand in Central Square.