Sacked ‘racist’ serving as magistrate in Stratford
- Credit: Archant
A man who was expelled from the Respect Party for racism and anti-Semitism is serving as a Justice of the Peace at Stratford magistrates’ court.
On his Facebook page Abul Hussain, condemns people who “want me to ‘integrate’ into a decadent [Western] lifestyle”.
As a sitting JP he enforces British law with two other magistrates and passes verdicts and sentences in most criminal cases, with the power to impose up to six months’ imprisonment as well as granting or denying bail.
Mr Hussain was expelled by George Galloway’s Respect Party in 2010, after posting in a Facebook exchange: “You know the world’s coming to an end when a Jew accuses you of being of his kind… I should have put u on that convoy to Gaza, could have traded the Jew with the Israelis to let the aid through.”
Yet despite Mr Hussain’s expulsion on these grounds, he was appointed a magistrate in September 2011.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the Judicial Office confirmed that Mr Hussain was a serving JP and said: “Any allegations about a magistrate’s conduct would, in the first instance, be investigated by their local advisory committee. If they felt there was evidence of misconduct it would be referred to the Judicial Investigations and Conduct Office (JCIO).
“Should the Lord Chancellor and Lord Chief Justice then find that a magistrate has brought the judiciary into disrepute, a number of sanctions are available including removal from office.”
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley