Runners treated to pasta supper
A group of runners enjoyed a pasta party organised for them by staff at Richard House Children’s Hospice.
The event, held recently at the hospice’s base in Richard House Drive in Beckton was designed to be a pre-marathon “pasta supper”.
The 12 athletes will be taking part in the Virgin London Marathon on April 17.
The evening gave the runners the opportunity to meet each other, while also filling up their energy banks to give them the boost they may need to get them over the finish line.
Runner Susannah McLaren said: “I had a lovely time and the visit really opened my eyes to the marvellous work done at Richard house.
You may also want to watch:
“The experience has motivated me to make an extra effort with fundraising.”
Founder and Life President of Richard House Anthea Hare gave the group a talk before giving them a tour of the hospice.
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 3 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 4 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 8 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 9 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 10 Stevenage and Leyton Orient still searching for a victory after stalemate at the Lamex
Natasha Reynolds, events fundraiser for Richard House, said: “The pasta party was really lovely. The whole evening had a family like atmosphere.
“The runners were able to see where the funds they are raising will go and how it will help our children.
“It was an opportunity for me to thank the runners for the huge physical and mental commitment they are undertaking for Richard House for which we are extremely grateful.”