Runner taking on two marathons for Beckton hospice
- Credit: Tom Morton
Running one marathon is enough for most people, but Emma Roebuck is taking on two - just one week apart.
The double challenge will see the 28-year-old take on the Manchester Marathon on April 19 before pounding the streets of the capital a week later, raising money for Richard House Children’s Hospice in the process.
It will be the second London Marathon Emma will run for the Beckton hospice, having raised £3,000 last year.
She said: “I could see that the money I managed to raise made a difference to the hospice.
“I have a friend who taught someone who attended the hospice and she praises the work the hospice did for that child and his family and friends.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s clear the hospice makes a huge difference to their lives.”
To sponsor Emma, visit justgiving.com/EmmaRoebuck2
- 1 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 2 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 3 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 4 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 Family given 'gift' of week to say goodbye to son who died at 10 minutes old
- 6 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 7 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 8 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 9 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 10 'Hi-tech AI' butcher's shop opening in Stratford