Royal Victoria Dock to host free family fun
- Credit: Archant
A waterfront festival set at Royal Victoria Dock promises fun for the whole family.
Attractions at the event on September 21, run by Newham Council, include a range of water-based activities such as wakeboarding and free boat rides. There will also be live music on the main stage, headlined by Flash - a tribute to Queen.
The landmark Siemens Crystal will be opening its doors to the exhibition and café facilities with a range a family friendly activities taking place. These include a treasure hunt, an art exhibition, fun children’s activities and tasty seaside inspired treats.
There will also be some free cable car rides on the Emirates Air Line which connects Emirates Royal Docks (North Terminal) and Emirates Greenwich Peninsula (South Terminal).
Festival organisers are planning a variety of nautical themed children’s activities and entertainment.
These will include the interactive Nipperbout Getting Knotted show, Buccaneer Adventures and Pirate Play for children. Activities include X marks the spot treasure map making, Boat races, The Secret Garden storytelling and dress up fun and The White Cliffs of Dover climbing frame.
The finale of the event, which will run from noon to 8pm, will be a spectacular fireworks display, set to music, at 7.45pm. Newham Mayor Sir Robin Wales said: “This is a fantastic opportunity for Newham residents to enjoy a range of different activities in the historic Royal Docks. Residents can try their hand at wakeboarding or aquaballs, have a free boat ride or simply enjoy live music in the breathtaking setting of Royal Victoria Dock.”
- 1 Met Office: Thunderstorm warning issued for London
- 2 West Ham United reveal Thames Ironworks-inspired third kit
- 3 Newham refuse workers vote to strike over pay dispute
- 4 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 5 Thousands attend UK Black Pride event in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
- 6 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 7 West Ham United 'didn't have any luck' at Forest says Moyes
- 8 Man suffers leg wound in Beckton stabbing
- 9 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 10 Hard-working Leyton Orient 'nowhere near best' in Mansfield win says Wellens
For more information go to http://www.newham.com/live/summer/newham_london_waterfront_festival/900,10,0,0.html