Royal Navy rehearsing for Diamond Jubilee security in Woolwich
The Royal Navy were out in force Woolwich yesterday to prepare for the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee pageant.
The naval boats were practising the security formation that will form the Royal Guard to protect the Queen during Sunday’s celebrations on the River Thames.
The exercise was captured on camera around 2pm yesterday from the Thames path near the Queen Elizabeth pier in Woolwich by Justin Pawley who sent his pictures to us via our website iWitness24.
Ten vessels will surround the Queen’s barge as she makes her way down the Thames surrounded by a flotilla of 1,000 boats.
To find out more about how Newham is preparing for the Diamond Jubilee, pick up a copy of this week’s paper which include a free 24-page commemorative supplement.
You may also want to watch:
To send in your news pictures, visit www.iWitness24.co.uk.
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 Neighbour reports 'intolerable' antisocial car meets around ABBA Arena building site
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 5 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 6 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 7 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 8 Campaigners claim ULEZ expansion benefit 'undone' by Silvertown Tunnel project
- 9 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 10 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate