Royal Navy rehearsing for Diamond Jubilee security in Woolwich
The Royal Navy were out in force Woolwich yesterday to prepare for the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee pageant.
The naval boats were practising the security formation that will form the Royal Guard to protect the Queen during Sunday’s celebrations on the River Thames.
The exercise was captured on camera around 2pm yesterday from the Thames path near the Queen Elizabeth pier in Woolwich by Justin Pawley who sent his pictures to us via our website iWitness24.
Ten vessels will surround the Queen’s barge as she makes her way down the Thames surrounded by a flotilla of 1,000 boats.
To find out more about how Newham is preparing for the Diamond Jubilee, pick up a copy of this week’s paper which include a free 24-page commemorative supplement.
You may also want to watch:
To send in your news pictures, visit www.iWitness24.co.uk.
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 4 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 5 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 6 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 7 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
- 8 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 9 Lanzini enjoying deeper role for West Ham in pre-season
- 10 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final