Royal Navy rehearsing for Diamond Jubilee security in Woolwich
The Royal Navy were out in force Woolwich yesterday to prepare for the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee pageant.
The naval boats were practising the security formation that will form the Royal Guard to protect the Queen during Sunday’s celebrations on the River Thames.
The exercise was captured on camera around 2pm yesterday from the Thames path near the Queen Elizabeth pier in Woolwich by Justin Pawley who sent his pictures to us via our website iWitness24.
Ten vessels will surround the Queen’s barge as she makes her way down the Thames surrounded by a flotilla of 1,000 boats.
To find out more about how Newham is preparing for the Diamond Jubilee, pick up a copy of this week’s paper which include a free 24-page commemorative supplement.
You may also want to watch:
To send in your news pictures, visit www.iWitness24.co.uk.
- 1 Silvertown scrap yard blaze burns throughout night as crews remain on scene
- 2 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 3 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 4 Newham's governance referendum: the case for both options
- 5 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 6 Silvertown scrapyard blaze under control after crews battle for nine hours
- 7 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 8 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing
- 9 Meet the candidates battling for votes in East Ham's by-election
- 10 Man fighting for life after being 'attacked and hit by car' in Canning Town