Royal Docks to get £40,000 toddler play area and an outdoor gym
- Credit: Archant
A £40,000 toddler play area and an outdoor gym for all ages will be created in the Royal Docks.
Kate’s Place will feature an open lawn between Albert Road and Roebourne Way -promising to provide an activity area for young and old alike.
The project is part of London Mayor’s one-hundred so-called ‘pocket parks’ aimed at transforming underused urban spaces into mini oases.
From fruit and veg patches to water features, the tennis court seized parks are set to reinvent some of London’s forgotten nooks and crannies.
London Mayor, Boris Johnson, said: “Through these mini transformations we can make Newham an even better place to live in, to work in and to invest in.”
You may also want to watch:
A hundred ‘pocket parks’ are due to be delivered across the capital by March 2015. City Hall will open a further funding round for community based projects in May.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 5 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 6 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 7 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 8 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 9 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 10 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross