Royal Docks to get £40,000 toddler play area and an outdoor gym
- Credit: Archant
A £40,000 toddler play area and an outdoor gym for all ages will be created in the Royal Docks.
Kate’s Place will feature an open lawn between Albert Road and Roebourne Way -promising to provide an activity area for young and old alike.
The project is part of London Mayor’s one-hundred so-called ‘pocket parks’ aimed at transforming underused urban spaces into mini oases.
From fruit and veg patches to water features, the tennis court seized parks are set to reinvent some of London’s forgotten nooks and crannies.
London Mayor, Boris Johnson, said: “Through these mini transformations we can make Newham an even better place to live in, to work in and to invest in.”
You may also want to watch:
A hundred ‘pocket parks’ are due to be delivered across the capital by March 2015. City Hall will open a further funding round for community based projects in May.
- 1 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 2 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Sir David Amess remembered as 'loved husband, father, MP and St Bon's boy'
- 6 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 7 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches
- 8 Candle causes Stratford flat fire which saw two people in hospital
- 9 Gallions Reach chef to be judged by Michel Roux Jr as finalist for prestigious title
- 10 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says