Royal Docks pupils write letters to welcome school starters
- Credit: Archant
Year 7 pupils at a school in Newham welcomed their juniors for the September term by writing letters about their first year at secondary school.
The students at the Royal Docks Community School in Prince Regent Lane posted their letters to their new penpals, describing their own first experiences at school and asking them to write back with their questions.
In one letter, pupil Jamelia Samuel said: “My favourite memory of the first day was arriving at a massive building filled with mystery.
“I like everything about the Royal Docks, from the beautiful playground to the complex Rotunda.”
Another pupil, Harry Bruns, wrote: “I really like the fact that we get awarded certificates.
You may also want to watch:
“I also represent the school by playing for the Year 7 football team.”
Georgie Bristow wrote: “I made friends in a hot second. I loved all of their personalities. It’s kind of easy to make friends here.”
- 1 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 6 Views sought on future of Newham as local plan set for refresh
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work
- 9 What's on across east London this weekend?
- 10 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards
A spokeswoman for the school said: “Our year seven students demonstrate once again all of the virtues we hold dear.
“We have very good primary links and participate in a great deal of student leadership events and peer support.
She added: “Our year sevens are very keen to meet their new pen-friends.”
Key Stage Three students hosted a welcome evening at the school on March 13 where the new students met their teachers and fellow pupils and parents had a chance to ask questions.
for more information visit royaldocks.newham.sch.uk.