Cycle hire scheme comes to Royal Docks
- Credit: Newham Council
A cycle hire scheme has arrived in the Royal Docks.
Brompton Bike Hire has introduced a cycle dock next to The Crystal building, close to Royal Victoria DLR station.
A second docking station is set to be located near Royal Albert DLR station and Newham Council’s Newham Dockside offices.
Each of the dockings station will hold eight bikes, and will add to Brompton’s network of bike stations, which includes Stratford, Canary Wharf and North Greenwich.
Mayor of Newham Rokhsana Fiaz said: “It’s great to see another exciting development for the Royal Docks, with the iconic Brompton bicycle coming to Newham.
You may also want to watch:
“This is just the start for Brompton Bike Hire for residents, with more new hire docks set to be installed across the whole borough to encourage cycling and promote sustainable transport.”
Hire charges start at £3.50.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 3 Rape survivor awarded British Empire Medal for services to community in pandemic
- 4 Leyton Orient linked with Omar Beckles, Connor Wood and Paul Smyth
- 5 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 6 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 7 Woman dies in fire at Stratford home
- 8 Newham Muslim groups urge Boris Johnson to condemn attack in Canada
- 9 Leyton Orient sign defender Omar Beckles from Crewe Alexandra
- 10 Barking sign former Leyton Orient duo Elliott Omozusi and Charlie MacDonald