Royal Docks expected to bring more than 37,000 jobs
- Credit: Archant
Communities secretary Eric Pickles praised the success of the Royal Docks Enterprise Zone.
The docks have created more than 600 jobs as part of the coalition’s business programme.
“Our long-term economic plan is giving businesses the confidence to invest,” he said. “They are making the most of the world-class infrastructure on offer – that’s great news for local economies.”
The Department for Communities and Local Government expects the site to bring more than 37,000 jobs and 11,000 homes as a business hub for Asian markets.
Deputy mayor for housing, land and property Richard Blakeway described it as a “centre for innovation”.
You may also want to watch:
“This is bringing with it tens of thousands of jobs and billions of pounds of investment for the UK economy,” he said.
- 1 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 2 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 3 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 4 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 Family given 'gift' of week to say goodbye to son who died at 10 minutes old
- 6 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 7 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 8 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 9 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 10 'Hi-tech AI' butcher's shop opening in Stratford