Royal British Legion’s fancy hat party raises £150
- Credit: Ann Blaney
Manor Park may not quite be Ascot, but that didn’t stop these ladies donning their best hats for the occasion.
The north east county of the Royal British Legion’s women’s section organised a fancy hat coffee and cake morning.
Members from five branches helped to raise £150 for the county through a raffle and a cake auction.
Chairman of the Manor Park branch, Ann Blaney, hosted the event.
She said: “The hats were spectacular and all the ladies worked hard to them.
You may also want to watch:
“The weather was very kind to us and we all had a really great time.”
Despite tough competition, Pam Morrison, county committee member and secretary of the Romford branch, was deemed to have the best hat of the day.
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 3 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 6 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 9 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 10 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding