Rokeby school wins cooking competition
- Credit: Archant
Rokeby Boys won the ‘Cook Off’ at the Mayors Newham Show.
Students, Eman Nadeem and DiegoDos Santos Oliveira from Canning Town’s Rokeby School recently won prizes for their entire class after competing against other local schools in the cooking challenge held in East Ham Leisure Centre.
Sir Robin Wales the Mayor of Newham was there to hand out prizes, which included tickets to Forman’s Salmon Smokehouse and Active Newham for the winning team.
Teaching assistant, Ina Joshua who accompanied the champions to the event said: “the boys displayed excellent teamwork with Diego doing most of the preparation work and Eman doing the cooking.
“They had to explain to the judges about the presentation of their dishes and said how they decided together how they wanted their food to look”.
You may also want to watch:
Judged by members from Food Academy and Young Farmers Essex the Rokeby students won after they cooked a vegetable fajita in the final.
Teams from Lister, Brampton Manor, Gallions Reach and Royal Docks all took part in the competition organised by Food Academy UK whose aim is to make communities stronger by providing fun cooking classes, teambuilding cooking exercises for businesses and cooking events.
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 8 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards
- 9 What's on across east London this weekend?
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
Schools have also been invited to participate in the national Future Chef competition.