Robbers take �600,000 worth of jewellery from East Ham store
More than half a million pounds worth of jewellery was taken during a robbery in East Ham.
Two men visited Aron Jewellers, which specialises in Asian wedding jewellery, on three times on Monday May 28 to look at jewellery, putting a �20 deposit on a gold chain.
They returned to the store on High Street North the next day at 11.30am when a female staff member recognised them and allowed the men access through the security door as they requested to view another item of jewellery in a display cabinet.
As she opened the cabinet, one of the men jumped over the display counter, grabbed her around the neck and put something over her face, causing her to pass out.
Hearing her scream, an elderly male staff member at the back of the shop ran to the front and was confronted by the other man.
You may also want to watch:
He was thrown to the floor, something was stuffed in his mouth, and he was held face down.
Both victims then had their hands and feet tied up and the female had duct tape put over her mouth.
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 4 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 5 Otas Sarkus: Three men arrested after Upton Park fatal shooting
- 6 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 7 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 8 Protesters target DSEI arms fair at ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 9 Woman arrested on suspicion of murder after man fatally stabbed
- 10 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k
The suspects then spent approximately 25 minutes emptying all of the display cabinets of bracelets, necklaces, bangles and rings, taking more than 500 items valued at approximately �600,000.
The suspects are described as Asian, possibly from Pakistan, and aged between 30 and 40.
One was wearing a yellow top with a black and white stripe at the bottom while the other was wearing a black hooded top.
Police are appealing for witnesses who may have seen them around around the busy High Street North area around 11am waiting for staff to replenish the displays with jewellery, which is kept in a secure place overnight.
Every item of jewellery has the owner’s certified hallmark and can be easily identified.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact Flying Squad, North East Branch, on 020 8345 4226 and ask for DC John Conner or DC Simon Cuthbertson.