Robbers take �600,000 worth of jewellery from East Ham store
More than half a million pounds worth of jewellery was taken during a robbery in East Ham.
Two men visited Aron Jewellers, which specialises in Asian wedding jewellery, on three times on Monday May 28 to look at jewellery, putting a �20 deposit on a gold chain.
They returned to the store on High Street North the next day at 11.30am when a female staff member recognised them and allowed the men access through the security door as they requested to view another item of jewellery in a display cabinet.
As she opened the cabinet, one of the men jumped over the display counter, grabbed her around the neck and put something over her face, causing her to pass out.
Hearing her scream, an elderly male staff member at the back of the shop ran to the front and was confronted by the other man.
You may also want to watch:
He was thrown to the floor, something was stuffed in his mouth, and he was held face down.
Both victims then had their hands and feet tied up and the female had duct tape put over her mouth.
- 1 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 2 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 3 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 4 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Mayor of Newham: 'Supporting young people after tragedies'
- 8 Unmesh Desai on his priorities after winning City and East election
- 9 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 10 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
The suspects then spent approximately 25 minutes emptying all of the display cabinets of bracelets, necklaces, bangles and rings, taking more than 500 items valued at approximately �600,000.
The suspects are described as Asian, possibly from Pakistan, and aged between 30 and 40.
One was wearing a yellow top with a black and white stripe at the bottom while the other was wearing a black hooded top.
Police are appealing for witnesses who may have seen them around around the busy High Street North area around 11am waiting for staff to replenish the displays with jewellery, which is kept in a secure place overnight.
Every item of jewellery has the owner’s certified hallmark and can be easily identified.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact Flying Squad, North East Branch, on 020 8345 4226 and ask for DC John Conner or DC Simon Cuthbertson.