Robbers take �600,000 worth of jewellery from East Ham store
More than half a million pounds worth of jewellery was taken during a robbery in East Ham.
Two men visited Aron Jewellers, which specialises in Asian wedding jewellery, on three times on Monday May 28 to look at jewellery, putting a �20 deposit on a gold chain.
They returned to the store on High Street North the next day at 11.30am when a female staff member recognised them and allowed the men access through the security door as they requested to view another item of jewellery in a display cabinet.
As she opened the cabinet, one of the men jumped over the display counter, grabbed her around the neck and put something over her face, causing her to pass out.
Hearing her scream, an elderly male staff member at the back of the shop ran to the front and was confronted by the other man.
He was thrown to the floor, something was stuffed in his mouth, and he was held face down.
Both victims then had their hands and feet tied up and the female had duct tape put over her mouth.
- 1 Stratford roof-terrace restaurant destroyed by late-night fire
- 2 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged and approved in Newham
- 3 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 4 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 5 Moyes gives warning after West Ham miss out on Europa League
- 6 Man dies after falling unwell in Stratford
- 7 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Newham
- 8 Man charged with fatal stabbing of woman in Custom House
- 9 Man held in murder probe after woman fatally stabbed in Custom House
- 10 'Unexplained': Man dies after being found unresponsive in Plashet Park
The suspects then spent approximately 25 minutes emptying all of the display cabinets of bracelets, necklaces, bangles and rings, taking more than 500 items valued at approximately �600,000.
The suspects are described as Asian, possibly from Pakistan, and aged between 30 and 40.
One was wearing a yellow top with a black and white stripe at the bottom while the other was wearing a black hooded top.
Police are appealing for witnesses who may have seen them around around the busy High Street North area around 11am waiting for staff to replenish the displays with jewellery, which is kept in a secure place overnight.
Every item of jewellery has the owner’s certified hallmark and can be easily identified.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact Flying Squad, North East Branch, on 020 8345 4226 and ask for DC John Conner or DC Simon Cuthbertson.