Rio 2016 campaign launched at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
- Credit: Archant
With a year to go until the Rio 2016 Olympic Games, the British Olympic Association is calling on fans to inspire athletes to victory once more.
Olympic champions gathered on BeachEast, in the shadow of Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, yesterday to launch the Bring on the Great campaign.
Eight retired athletes will mentor the current generation of stars, while fans can also get involved by joining the Team GB fan club.
Many of those involved competed at London 2012 and know the difference a home crowd can make.
The aim of the Bring on the Greats programme is to recapture the support of three years ago and help athletes to perform to the best of their abilities.
You may also want to watch:
Boxer Anthony Joshua said: “Being part of Team GB in London 2012 is the highlight of my career to date and I am truly honoured to be part of the team as a Team GB Great for Rio.
“The crowds in London were incredible, they gave me energy; every cheer and every shout I received spurred me on and gave me the confidence I needed to win.
- 1 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 2 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 3 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 4 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 7 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 8 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 9 Family given 'gift' of week to say goodbye to son who died at 10 minutes old
- 10 CCTV image released after rape reported in Forest Gate
“Now it is time for everyone to get behind Team GB again and show that amazing support for the athletes who will compete at the Rio 2016 Olympics.
To get involved, visit teamgb.com