Rihanna rumoured to light up Westfield Stratford City this Christmas
Westfield bosses remain tight-lipped over reports superstar Rihanna will turn on the Christmas lights at the Stratford City shopping centre.
Sources have allegedly told The Sun newspaper that the ‘Umbrella’ star has been offered �5million to kick off the festive season at the largest indoor shopping centre in Europe.
Reports suggest the retail mecca are willing to fork out huge sums for a celebrity in 2012 to celebrate their success during the Olympic Games when the centre recorded 8.5 million visitors.
A spokesman for Westfield Stratford City said: “This year we want to thank our loyal shoppers by giving them something they’ll never forget.
“Westfield will announce the dates and celebrity for the Christmas Lights Switch On event in the coming weeks.
You may also want to watch:
“All announcements will be made officially on our website, Facebook and Twitter.”
Rihanna turned on the festive lights at the Westfield London complex in White City in 2010 while thousands of screaming fans turned up to see Justin Bieber switch on the lights at both Westfields last year.
- 1 Letter: Targeted response in London to Indian Covid variant
- 2 Man tried to become comic book character by stabbing teen in park toilets
- 3 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 4 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 5 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 6 West Ham Women bow out of FA Cup at Manchester City
- 7 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 8 Newham to roll out greener fleet as part of £20m plans
- 9 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 10 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total