Rihanna rumoured to light up Westfield Stratford City this Christmas
Westfield bosses remain tight-lipped over reports superstar Rihanna will turn on the Christmas lights at the Stratford City shopping centre.
Sources have allegedly told The Sun newspaper that the ‘Umbrella’ star has been offered �5million to kick off the festive season at the largest indoor shopping centre in Europe.
Reports suggest the retail mecca are willing to fork out huge sums for a celebrity in 2012 to celebrate their success during the Olympic Games when the centre recorded 8.5 million visitors.
A spokesman for Westfield Stratford City said: “This year we want to thank our loyal shoppers by giving them something they’ll never forget.
“Westfield will announce the dates and celebrity for the Christmas Lights Switch On event in the coming weeks.
You may also want to watch:
“All announcements will be made officially on our website, Facebook and Twitter.”
Rihanna turned on the festive lights at the Westfield London complex in White City in 2010 while thousands of screaming fans turned up to see Justin Bieber switch on the lights at both Westfields last year.
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 3 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 4 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 5 Tributes to Pearly King of Newham who has died aged 79
- 6 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 8 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme
- 9 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 10 Queen's 1983 visit to St Mary Magdalene's marked with unveiling of new plaque