Rihanna rumoured to light up Westfield Stratford City this Christmas
Westfield bosses remain tight-lipped over reports superstar Rihanna will turn on the Christmas lights at the Stratford City shopping centre.
Sources have allegedly told The Sun newspaper that the ‘Umbrella’ star has been offered �5million to kick off the festive season at the largest indoor shopping centre in Europe.
Reports suggest the retail mecca are willing to fork out huge sums for a celebrity in 2012 to celebrate their success during the Olympic Games when the centre recorded 8.5 million visitors.
A spokesman for Westfield Stratford City said: “This year we want to thank our loyal shoppers by giving them something they’ll never forget.
“Westfield will announce the dates and celebrity for the Christmas Lights Switch On event in the coming weeks.
You may also want to watch:
“All announcements will be made officially on our website, Facebook and Twitter.”
Rihanna turned on the festive lights at the Westfield London complex in White City in 2010 while thousands of screaming fans turned up to see Justin Bieber switch on the lights at both Westfields last year.
- 1 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 6 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 7 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 8 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 9 241-home development at Royal Albert Wharf marks 12-storey milestone
- 10 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber