Beckton hospice hosts summer fair
- Credit: Richard House
A Beckton hospice is opening its doors to the community for its summer fair.
Richard House Children's Hospice is hosting the free event, with activities including a circus workshop, face painting and tombolas for both children and adults.
For selfie fans, there is the chance to pose for pictures with children's characters Peppa Pig, Paw Patrol and Hello Kitty, as well as a Stormtrooper and even the Queen herself - or a version of her.
Trish McInerney, HR and volunteering administrator, said: "Staff, volunteers and supporters have really pulled together and this year we have so much on offer for every age on the day.
"Our raffle prizes are amazing, thanks to our generous donors, and include a signed 2018/19 West Ham football, two hotel breaks, vouchers for family trips, river cruises and even dinner at a restaurant in Piccadilly."
You may also want to watch:
The summer fair takes place between 12pm and 4pm on Saturday, July 13.
- 1 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 2 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 3 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 4 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 5 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 6 Trust partnership helps free school meals pupils to eat healthy at home
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Jarrod Bowen hails West Ham as they dug deep to seal victory over West Brom
- 9 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 10 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham