Richard House hospice gains �500 at Tesco store opening in Beckton
A children’s hospice is �500 better off after it was donated the cash at the opening of a new store in Royal Victoria Docks.
Hannah Bosley, community fundraising manager at Richard House hospice in Beckton and Laki Kaur, a service user at the hospice in Beckton were the guests of honour when the new Tesco Express store opened on April 27 on Royal Victoria Docks. She cut the ribbon and declared the new store officially open.
As part of the opening celebrations, store manager Mahesh Sudamai and his team presented her with a cheque for �500. The store chose to donate to Richard House Children’s Hospice as part of its commitment to supporting the local community.
Richard House Children’s Hospice provides care and support for life-limited children and children with complex healthcare conditions and their families from across east and north east London.
Store manager Mahesh said: “We are delighted to be able to support Richard House Children’s Hospice as it is does great work for children in the Newham community. We are really pleased that Laki came to the launch the new store and join in the celebrations with us.
You may also want to watch:
“My team and I are looking forward to welcoming our customers into the new store and we hope that Tesco will become a key part of the local community.”
- 1 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 5 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 6 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 7 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 8 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 9 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation