Review: Moscow State Circus
- Credit: Archant
There is nothing like a visit to the big top to draw you into an enchanting and beguiling world, no matter what age you are.
Set in the Park Gorkogo, mystical centre of Moscow’s cultural & artistic quarter, the Moscow State Circus’ new tour includes some never seen before acts.
We were lucky enough to have ringside seats which gave us a fantastic view almost in touching reach of the action.
The bar was set high with the first act, a handbalancer who contorted himself into unbeliveable shapes while upside down.
The seamless merge into the subsequent acts, from trapeze acts to rollerskating tricks on top of a table just two metres in diameter, has to be seen to be believed.
I was particularly impressed by the vertical jugglers who performed with glow in the dark clubs atop what must have been 15 foot poles.
And while slapstick isn’t usually my thing, the clown was a big hit with the kids - and even I mustered a giggle at some of his more outrageous behaviour.
- 1 First Omicron case reported in Newham
- 2 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 3 Strike action will hit Central and Victoria line Night Tube services this weekend
- 4 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 5 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 6 'London is moving east': City Hall's Crystal move confirmed for New Year
- 7 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 8 12 people wanted after unlinked Newham robberies
- 9 There With You This Winter: Mayor offers £51m of funding for fuel poverty
- 10 Google rates the top vegan and vegetarian restaurants in your borough
For a couple of hours of pure escapism, marvelling and laughter there is nothing better.
The Moscow State Circus will perform in the International Quarter in Westfield Avenue, Stratford from Wednesday to Sunday.
For more details, visit moscowstatecircus.com