Residents in Newham invited to public meeting about Olympic Park plans on Monday
Residents have a chance to learn about the �292m transformation of the Olympic Park through a series of public meetings, including on Monday.
The London Legacy Development Corporation overseeing the park is inviting those living closest to the park to residents meetings to find out about the reopening of the park, job opportunities and homes.
The corporation’s interim chief executive, Dennis Hone, said: “We want local people to have all the facts about job and training opportunities, new homes and park opening dates, so they can get involved in the future of their Park.”
The park is undergoing a programme called Clear, Connect, Complete, which will see the removal of temporary venues and the park being connected to the surrounding area with new roads, cycle and foot paths.
Permanent venues, bridges and parklands will also be build before the park reopens in phases from next July as the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
You may also want to watch:
Speakers at the meeting will include representatives from Legacy Corporation, construction company BAM Nuttall and the police.
The first meeting in Newham on Monday (Oct 8) will be at Chandos East Community Centre, 90 Chandos Road in Stratford.
- 1 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 3 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 4 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 5 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 6 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 7 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 10 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
The second meeting in Newham will be at Carpenters School in Friendship Way, Stratford, on October 16 from 6.30pm – 8.00pm.