Residents flee East Ham flat blaze
Around 20 firefighters tackled a blaze in a three-storey block of flats in Wakefield Street in East Ham in the early hours of this morning.
Around 14 people, some in still their nightclothes, fled the block before the Brigade arrived.
One of them was taken to hospital by London Ambulance Service suffering from smoke inhalation.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
The Brigade was called at 12.30am and the fire was under control at 1.40am.
You may also want to watch:
Part of the building’s second floor lobby was damaged by smoke and flames.
Firefighters from East Ham, Plaistow and Barking fire stations attended.
- 1 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 2 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 3 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 6 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 7 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 8 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation