Residents flee East Ham flat blaze
Around 20 firefighters tackled a blaze in a three-storey block of flats in Wakefield Street in East Ham in the early hours of this morning.
Around 14 people, some in still their nightclothes, fled the block before the Brigade arrived.
One of them was taken to hospital by London Ambulance Service suffering from smoke inhalation.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
The Brigade was called at 12.30am and the fire was under control at 1.40am.
You may also want to watch:
Part of the building’s second floor lobby was damaged by smoke and flames.
Firefighters from East Ham, Plaistow and Barking fire stations attended.
- 1 Bus crashes into lamp post in Stratford
- 2 Start Me Up: Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens studio in Canning Town for budding musicians
- 3 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 4 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 5 Appeal to help find cat missing from Canning Town
- 6 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 7 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 8 Meet the weight-loss runner using Newham as a canvas
- 9 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 10 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford