Red Door Ventures’ first development to launch in October
- Credit: Helen Doherty
The first development by Newham Council’s Red Door Ventures company is set to launch next month.
Moda will comprise of 36 two-bedroom flats with floor to ceiling windows and large private balconies.
The apartments have been built using an off-site timber frame construction method, which also has the benefit of speed in building the apartments.
The complex is situated just five minutes from Abbey Road DLR station, with West Ham and Stratford stations a 10 and 15 minute walk away respectively.
Chris Wood, managing director of Red Door Ventures, said: “The apartments will be ideal for those who are keen to have quality accommodation in east London.
“Red Door will be offering longer tenancies – up to five years to suit the needs of our residents.”
The Red Door scheme is set to provide at least 3,000 new homes and acquire a further 500 existing properties over the next 13 years, with all homes available at market rent.
- 1 First Omicron case reported in Newham
- 2 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 3 Strike action will hit Central and Victoria line Night Tube services this weekend
- 4 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 5 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 6 'London is moving east': City Hall's Crystal move confirmed for New Year
- 7 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 8 12 people wanted after unlinked Newham robberies
- 9 There With You This Winter: Mayor offers £51m of funding for fuel poverty
- 10 Google rates the top vegan and vegetarian restaurants in your borough
The council-owned company will make Newham the first local authority to deliver a large number of privately rented homes for its residents.
Mr Wood added: “Newham is now one of the fastest growing boroughs in terms of house price growth according to recent Land Registry figures, with the average house price at £306,386 representing an annual increase of 16%.
“We are acutely aware of the need to help deliver better housing choices to the local area and we aim to do this through the hundreds of homes we hope to build over the next 10 years.”
The flats will be available to rent from between £1,500 to £1,650 per month.
Tenants are also being offered packages to furnish their property in the same style as the show home for an additional fee.
To register your interest call the letting team at Hera Management Services on 0345 683 8812.