Record-breaking artist’s hunt for Newham henna talent
- Credit: Archant
A world-leading henna artist is searching for a Newham resident after being inspired by her artwork.
Ash Kumar, who has twice held the Guinness world record for the fastest henna design, was the main attraction of a Bollywood-inspired Virgin Media event at Barking Road Recreation Ground on February 28.
At the event, which celebrated Virgin providing 100,000 east London homes with “lighting-fast” broadband, attendees were invited to submit henna designs for a Virgin van.
Ash Kumar, who has worked for Aishwarya Rai, was particularly impressed with a peacock design signed by a Divya Madhani.
And now he wants your help finding her.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s clear from Divya’s design that she has incredible talent,” he said. “I would love to help nurture her natural ability – I urge anyone who knows her to ask Divya to get in touch.”
Virgin Media has offered to fund a professional course at the Ash Kumar Academy for Divya.
- 1 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 2 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 3 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 4 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 6 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 7 Family given 'gift' of week to say goodbye to son who died at 10 minutes old
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 10 'Hi-tech AI' butcher's shop opening in Stratford
Friends of Divya can contact firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet @virginmedia using #FindDivya.