Rachel is a Shaw thing
RACHEL SHAW took home four medals from the National Junior Cup as Newham Swords junior fencers (pictured with coach Linda Strachan) continued their excellent medal haul following their success at the Camden National Junior Leon Paul Tournament last month.
Shaw won individual bronze and overall gold in the girls’ under-12s category, while in the under-14s category she won individual and overall bronze.
Pearce Clarke won individual and overall gold in the under-12s boys’ category and in the under-14s, James Urzdal won individual and overall gold.
In the girls’ under-10s event Camelia Houaziz took both individual and overall bronze and teammates Alice Campbell and Habib Adebajo earned seventh placed finishes in the girls’ under-12s and boys’ under-14s respectively.
Newham Swords Fencing Club manager Linda Strachan was delighted with the effort from everyone at the club as they claimed a total of 10 medals.
You may also want to watch:
“These are a great set of results from our younger fencers and thoroughly deserved, taking into account the amount of effort they are putting into their training and preparation,” she said.
- 1 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 2 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 3 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 4 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 7 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Mayor of Newham: 'Supporting young people after tragedies'
- 10 Unmesh Desai on his priorities after winning City and East election