Rachel is a Shaw thing
RACHEL SHAW took home four medals from the National Junior Cup as Newham Swords junior fencers (pictured with coach Linda Strachan) continued their excellent medal haul following their success at the Camden National Junior Leon Paul Tournament last month.
Shaw won individual bronze and overall gold in the girls’ under-12s category, while in the under-14s category she won individual and overall bronze.
Pearce Clarke won individual and overall gold in the under-12s boys’ category and in the under-14s, James Urzdal won individual and overall gold.
In the girls’ under-10s event Camelia Houaziz took both individual and overall bronze and teammates Alice Campbell and Habib Adebajo earned seventh placed finishes in the girls’ under-12s and boys’ under-14s respectively.
Newham Swords Fencing Club manager Linda Strachan was delighted with the effort from everyone at the club as they claimed a total of 10 medals.
You may also want to watch:
“These are a great set of results from our younger fencers and thoroughly deserved, taking into account the amount of effort they are putting into their training and preparation,” she said.
- 1 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 2 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 3 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 4 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 5 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 6 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 7 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 8 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 9 Free climber scales Stratford skyscraper for climate change awareness
- 10 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections