Rachel is a Shaw thing
RACHEL SHAW took home four medals from the National Junior Cup as Newham Swords junior fencers (pictured with coach Linda Strachan) continued their excellent medal haul following their success at the Camden National Junior Leon Paul Tournament last month.
Shaw won individual bronze and overall gold in the girls’ under-12s category, while in the under-14s category she won individual and overall bronze.
Pearce Clarke won individual and overall gold in the under-12s boys’ category and in the under-14s, James Urzdal won individual and overall gold.
In the girls’ under-10s event Camelia Houaziz took both individual and overall bronze and teammates Alice Campbell and Habib Adebajo earned seventh placed finishes in the girls’ under-12s and boys’ under-14s respectively.
Newham Swords Fencing Club manager Linda Strachan was delighted with the effort from everyone at the club as they claimed a total of 10 medals.
“These are a great set of results from our younger fencers and thoroughly deserved, taking into account the amount of effort they are putting into their training and preparation,” she said.
- 1 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 2 First Omicron case reported in Newham
- 3 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 4 'Important' to get back to winning ways for West Ham says Lanzini
- 5 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 6 West Ham showed great character and resilience to beat Chelsea says Moyes
- 7 12 people wanted after unlinked Newham robberies
- 8 Leyton Orient progress in FA Cup with huge win over Tranmere
- 9 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 10 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped