Quarter of flats in Stratford development ‘affordable’
- Credit: Bellway Homes
A new development in Stratford reportedly designed with first-time buyers in mind classes a quarter of its 200 flats as “affordable”.
Legacy Wharf, which launches this spring, promises 196 apartments for “a variety of buyers”, including newcomers to the housing market, “young professionals” and “families”.
The development in Cook’s Road, whose prices start at £365,000 for a one-bedroom flat, includes a gym, children’s play area, “landscaped” courtyard and concierge service - but just 50 affordable homes.
“Homebuyers will have a great opportunity to invest in this revamped area of Stratford at Legacy Wharf,” said Emma Denton, sales director designate at Bellway Homes, who are carrying out the project.
Bellway says the development will be a mixture of one-, two- and three-bed flats.
You may also want to watch:
Selected properties will be available with Help to Buy.
- 1 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 3 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 4 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 5 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 7 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 8 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 9 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 10 US fried chicken chain Popeyes to open first UK outlet in Stratford