QPR’s Sutherland eager to get going after signing Leyton Orient loan deal
- Credit: EMPICS Sport
Leyton Orient have announced the signing of Queens Park Rangers youngster Frankie Sutherland on a one-month-loan deal.
The 19-year-old wasted no team getting involved with his new side and trained with the O’s squad this morning. He admitted feeling welcomed already by his new club.
Sutherland said: “I’m delighted, it’s a massive opportunity for me, especially when the club has been in such good form and I want that to continue.
“I trained today for the first time and it was a really good atmosphere to come in to.
“As soon as I walked through the door I was made to feel welcome. Everyone is really positive and it makes me feel raring to go.”
You may also want to watch:
Sutherland is yet to make a first team appearance for his parent club but featured heavily in QPR’s pre-season and scored against Italian giants Udinese.
He joined Portsmouth on loan last season and has represented Republic of Ireland U21’s several times, while he could also be involved tomorrow night in the League One clash against Coventry City.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 5 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 6 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 7 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 8 Primary school recognised for supporting pupils' mental wellbeing
- 9 Plaistow woman shaves her head for charities
- 10 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
“I want to play as much as I can and learn and be the best I possibly can,” he added.
“QPR have had a similar start and I see Orient as a similar club in way, it’s a compact stadium which is what I’m used to having grown up watching QPR and I can’t wait to get started.”