QPR’s Sutherland eager to get going after signing Leyton Orient loan deal
- Credit: EMPICS Sport
Leyton Orient have announced the signing of Queens Park Rangers youngster Frankie Sutherland on a one-month-loan deal.
The 19-year-old wasted no team getting involved with his new side and trained with the O’s squad this morning. He admitted feeling welcomed already by his new club.
Sutherland said: “I’m delighted, it’s a massive opportunity for me, especially when the club has been in such good form and I want that to continue.
“I trained today for the first time and it was a really good atmosphere to come in to.
“As soon as I walked through the door I was made to feel welcome. Everyone is really positive and it makes me feel raring to go.”
You may also want to watch:
Sutherland is yet to make a first team appearance for his parent club but featured heavily in QPR’s pre-season and scored against Italian giants Udinese.
He joined Portsmouth on loan last season and has represented Republic of Ireland U21’s several times, while he could also be involved tomorrow night in the League One clash against Coventry City.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 5 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 6 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 7 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 8 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 9 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 10 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
“I want to play as much as I can and learn and be the best I possibly can,” he added.
“QPR have had a similar start and I see Orient as a similar club in way, it’s a compact stadium which is what I’m used to having grown up watching QPR and I can’t wait to get started.”