AN ELECTRICITY pylon in Canning Town, which has become synonymous with a legendary rock venue, has been acclaimed by a cult website.
The pylon, which is used in the logo of the Bridge House pub, was named Pylon of the Month by the website of the same name.
Tony Nicholls, manager of the reincarnated pub rock venue on Bidder Street now known as Bridge House II, said: “The pylon has always been a feature of the Bridge House.
“It started off as a bit of fun when we had a band come in and play here some months back.
“They said that we should send some pictures into the website, so we did.”
You may also want to watch:
The Bridge House was a famous rock venue in the ‘70s and ‘80s when it played host to the likes of U2, Depeche Mode and Dire Straits.
Since opening in January 2008, Bridge House II has begun to build on the legacy of its famous predecessor by attracting up and coming bands such as Missing Andy, stars of Sky One’s Must Be The Music show.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 3 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 4 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 5 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 8 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 9 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 10 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building