AN ELECTRICITY pylon in Canning Town, which has become synonymous with a legendary rock venue, has been acclaimed by a cult website.
The pylon, which is used in the logo of the Bridge House pub, was named Pylon of the Month by the website of the same name.
Tony Nicholls, manager of the reincarnated pub rock venue on Bidder Street now known as Bridge House II, said: “The pylon has always been a feature of the Bridge House.
“It started off as a bit of fun when we had a band come in and play here some months back.
“They said that we should send some pictures into the website, so we did.”
You may also want to watch:
The Bridge House was a famous rock venue in the ‘70s and ‘80s when it played host to the likes of U2, Depeche Mode and Dire Straits.
Since opening in January 2008, Bridge House II has begun to build on the legacy of its famous predecessor by attracting up and coming bands such as Missing Andy, stars of Sky One’s Must Be The Music show.
- 1 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 3 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 4 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 5 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 6 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 7 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Travel round-up: Road and rail disruptions this week
- 10 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k