Pub quiz for Beckton hospice
Do you know your acids from your alkalis? Could you name the crude oil fraction used in aircraft fuel?
If you think you can answer both of these questions with ease, get involved in the Richard House GCSE pub quiz challenge.
To celebrate the support London’s oldest children’s hospice gives to its life-limited and life-threatened children who still attend school, the charity is asking for pub quiz goers to see how they, too, would fare back in secondary education.
The hospice has put together quiz sheets around popular GCSE themes as the new school term approaches. All it asks for in return is a donation from each of the quiz goers.
There are currently a number of children and young adults using Richard House that attend school, despite their conditions.
You may also want to watch:
Niall Couper, director of communications at Richard House, says this is something that should be celebrated.
He said: “School days are often described as the best times of people’s lives, and we believe this should extend to all children.
- 1 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 3 Newham town halls to be lit up in tribute to Sabina Nessa
- 4 US fried chicken chain Popeyes to open first UK outlet in Stratford
- 5 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 6 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 7 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 8 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 9 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 10 Campaigners fear Newham City Farm site will become 'another green space'
“A lot of the families who use Richard House enjoy seeing their children go to school and we do everything we can to facilitate that and ensure they live as normal a life as possible.
“What better way to celebrate this than to pit your wits against each other in an old school setting in your local pub.”
Quiz questions are available from the community fundraising team at Richard House, which is based in Beckton.
To get involved, contact Hannah Bosley on 020 7540 0228 or email HannahB@richardhouse.org.uk