Pub quiz for Beckton hospice
Do you know your acids from your alkalis? Could you name the crude oil fraction used in aircraft fuel?
If you think you can answer both of these questions with ease, get involved in the Richard House GCSE pub quiz challenge.
To celebrate the support London’s oldest children’s hospice gives to its life-limited and life-threatened children who still attend school, the charity is asking for pub quiz goers to see how they, too, would fare back in secondary education.
The hospice has put together quiz sheets around popular GCSE themes as the new school term approaches. All it asks for in return is a donation from each of the quiz goers.
There are currently a number of children and young adults using Richard House that attend school, despite their conditions.
Niall Couper, director of communications at Richard House, says this is something that should be celebrated.
He said: “School days are often described as the best times of people’s lives, and we believe this should extend to all children.
- 1 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 2 Motorcyclist, 19, died in hospital after A13 crash near Beckton flyover
- 3 Start date revealed for next Bishop of Barking after consecration
- 4 100 people leave Stratford block of flats after fire breaks out
- 5 Newport's Norman sends Leyton Orient to late defeat
- 6 Have your say on the proposed east London constituency boundary changes
- 7 Get involved in London's first Great Mental Health Day
- 8 Platinum Jubilee: Send us your stories and pictures with the Queen
- 9 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 10 Beckton children’s hospice given £5k to replace stolen garden equipment
“A lot of the families who use Richard House enjoy seeing their children go to school and we do everything we can to facilitate that and ensure they live as normal a life as possible.
“What better way to celebrate this than to pit your wits against each other in an old school setting in your local pub.”
Quiz questions are available from the community fundraising team at Richard House, which is based in Beckton.
To get involved, contact Hannah Bosley on 020 7540 0228 or email HannahB@richardhouse.org.uk