Pub quiz for Beckton hospice
Do you know your acids from your alkalis? Could you name the crude oil fraction used in aircraft fuel?
If you think you can answer both of these questions with ease, get involved in the Richard House GCSE pub quiz challenge.
To celebrate the support London’s oldest children’s hospice gives to its life-limited and life-threatened children who still attend school, the charity is asking for pub quiz goers to see how they, too, would fare back in secondary education.
The hospice has put together quiz sheets around popular GCSE themes as the new school term approaches. All it asks for in return is a donation from each of the quiz goers.
There are currently a number of children and young adults using Richard House that attend school, despite their conditions.
You may also want to watch:
Niall Couper, director of communications at Richard House, says this is something that should be celebrated.
He said: “School days are often described as the best times of people’s lives, and we believe this should extend to all children.
- 1 Silvertown scrap yard blaze burns throughout night as crews remain on scene
- 2 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 3 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 4 Newham's governance referendum: the case for both options
- 5 Silvertown scrapyard blaze under control after crews battle for nine hours
- 6 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 7 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 8 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing
- 9 Meet the candidates battling for votes in East Ham's by-election
- 10 Staff 'overjoyed' as nursery opens in Stratford
“A lot of the families who use Richard House enjoy seeing their children go to school and we do everything we can to facilitate that and ensure they live as normal a life as possible.
“What better way to celebrate this than to pit your wits against each other in an old school setting in your local pub.”
Quiz questions are available from the community fundraising team at Richard House, which is based in Beckton.
To get involved, contact Hannah Bosley on 020 7540 0228 or email HannahB@richardhouse.org.uk