Pub quiz aims to raise £1,000 for Beckton children’s hospice
- Credit: Archant
A man has been inspired to raise funds for a children’s hospsice after watching his friend run the London Marathon.
Mark Ager hopes to raise £1,000 for Beckton’s Richard House by hosting a quiz night at a Custom House pub next month.
And it was the 46-year old sales manager’s friend Emma who inspired him.
“Emma ran the London Marathon for Richard House and I got to hear more about their work,” Mark explained.
“Her experience inspired me to become more involved in the community.
“I visited Richard House years ago and I know they do some damned hard work there. It would be nice to raise money to look after the children.”
The quiz night will take place at the Custom House Pub in Victoria Dock Road on June 2 from 7.30pm.
- 1 Man suffers leg wound in Beckton stabbing
- 2 Ex-nurse laid decomposing 'on display' after Met Police searches missed body in flat
- 3 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 4 Leyton Orient 'got away with one' at Crawley says Wellens
- 5 West Ham 'couldn't get near' City says Moyes
- 6 Man arrested and bailed as Custom House stabbing victim recovers
- 7 Coroner slams 'scandalous' failures after woman laid dead for two years
- 8 Motorist who 'appeared to be driving at other vehicles' in Essex arrested
- 9 Leyton Orient claim second successive League Two win at Crawley
- 10 'Hello Mum' - WhatsApp scammers posing as children steal over £1.5m
It costs £2 per person to enter the quiz and there will also be a raffle on the night.
To enter a team, contact Mark at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 07561 425831.