Pub quiz aims to raise £1,000 for Beckton children’s hospice
- Credit: Archant
A man has been inspired to raise funds for a children’s hospsice after watching his friend run the London Marathon.
Mark Ager hopes to raise £1,000 for Beckton’s Richard House by hosting a quiz night at a Custom House pub next month.
And it was the 46-year old sales manager’s friend Emma who inspired him.
“Emma ran the London Marathon for Richard House and I got to hear more about their work,” Mark explained.
“Her experience inspired me to become more involved in the community.
You may also want to watch:
“I visited Richard House years ago and I know they do some damned hard work there. It would be nice to raise money to look after the children.”
The quiz night will take place at the Custom House Pub in Victoria Dock Road on June 2 from 7.30pm.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 10 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory
It costs £2 per person to enter the quiz and there will also be a raffle on the night.
To enter a team, contact Mark at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 07561 425831.