Pub murder: Two arrested
Police find stabbed man after being called to Greengate pub at 5am
A MURDER investigation has been launched after a fatal stabbing in the Greengate pub in Barking Road, Plaistow.
Police were called just before 5am on Saturday where they found an injured man who was pronounced dead at the Royal London Hospital 90 minutes later.
Although formal identification is yet to take place, detectives have named the deceased as Kevlin Eurie, 26, of East Ham.
Next of kin have been informed.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination gave cause of death as a stab wound to the abdomen.
An Incident Room has opened under Detective Chief Inspector Stewart Hill of the Homicide and Serious Crime Command.
- 1 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 2 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 3 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 6 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 7 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 8 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 9 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has information that may assist the investigation is asked to contact detectives on 020 8345 3714; if you wish to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
* Two men, aged 25 and 22 years, were arrested on Saturday on suspicion of murder. They have been bailed to return on a date in November pending further enquiries.