Pub murder: Two arrested
Police find stabbed man after being called to Greengate pub at 5am
A MURDER investigation has been launched after a fatal stabbing in the Greengate pub in Barking Road, Plaistow.
Police were called just before 5am on Saturday where they found an injured man who was pronounced dead at the Royal London Hospital 90 minutes later.
Although formal identification is yet to take place, detectives have named the deceased as Kevlin Eurie, 26, of East Ham.
Next of kin have been informed.
A post-mortem examination gave cause of death as a stab wound to the abdomen.
An Incident Room has opened under Detective Chief Inspector Stewart Hill of the Homicide and Serious Crime Command.
- 1 East Ham fire: Terraced houses damaged by blaze as woman treated at scene
- 2 Truck towing stolen Rolls Royce SUV crashes before dramatic foot chase
- 3 Fares Maatou was 'murdered with stolen sword', court hears
- 4 Manor Park blaze caused by the 'accidental ignition of textiles'
- 5 Moosakhan Nasiri: Man charged with Plashet Park murder
- 6 Man denies charges after drugs raids as east London duo await trial
- 7 Woman injured after being hit by electric scooter in East Ham
- 8 Three Met officers receive written warning over photos of murdered sisters
- 9 Man found on fire in East Ham park dies
- 10 Manor Park blaze: 100 firefighters get tower block fire under control
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has information that may assist the investigation is asked to contact detectives on 020 8345 3714; if you wish to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
* Two men, aged 25 and 22 years, were arrested on Saturday on suspicion of murder. They have been bailed to return on a date in November pending further enquiries.