Pub murder: Two arrested
Police find stabbed man after being called to Greengate pub at 5am
A MURDER investigation has been launched after a fatal stabbing in the Greengate pub in Barking Road, Plaistow.
Police were called just before 5am on Saturday where they found an injured man who was pronounced dead at the Royal London Hospital 90 minutes later.
Although formal identification is yet to take place, detectives have named the deceased as Kevlin Eurie, 26, of East Ham.
Next of kin have been informed.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination gave cause of death as a stab wound to the abdomen.
An Incident Room has opened under Detective Chief Inspector Stewart Hill of the Homicide and Serious Crime Command.
- 1 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 2 Bus crashes into lamp post in Stratford
- 3 Start Me Up: Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens studio in Canning Town for budding musicians
- 4 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 5 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 6 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 7 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 8 Free climber scales Stratford skyscraper for climate change awareness
- 9 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 10 Meet the weight-loss runner using Newham as a canvas
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has information that may assist the investigation is asked to contact detectives on 020 8345 3714; if you wish to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
* Two men, aged 25 and 22 years, were arrested on Saturday on suspicion of murder. They have been bailed to return on a date in November pending further enquiries.