Two housing blocks to be built in Plaistow redevelopment
- Credit: Archant
Two contemporary mansion blocks with 77 new homes are set to be built in Plaistow.
The £18million project will redevelop derelict and vacant land in Grange Road into housing blocks of five and six storeys, with the homes to be let at London Affordable Rent.
It will also include a landscaped communal garden, cycle storage and open views across the Greenway.
The project will be delivered by contractor Higgins after being appointed by Populo Living, the council’s wholly owned housing company.
Higgins managing director Steve Leakey said: “With the critical need for affordable housing in Newham, we are pleased to be awarded this contract by Populo Living to build these high-quality homes.”
You may also want to watch:
Populo Living CEO Deborah Heenan said the “impressive, generous and light filled apartments exceed relevant design standards and will be a welcome addition to Plaistow.”
The homes back on to the Greenway, a 4.3-mile raised footpath and off-road cycle route providing links from Royal Docks Road in Beckton to Stratford and the Olympic Park.
- 1 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 2 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 5 Labour Party investigates second Newham councillor over antisemitism
- 6 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 7 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 8 Newham housing association offers homes to Hackney Council with £10m price tag
- 9 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 10 Stratford dance and music hub gets £700k boost