Primary school pupils litter-pick Canning Town Recreation Ground
- Credit: Archant
Bin bags full of rubbish were removed from Canning Town Recreation Ground during a litter pick organised by Rosetta Primary School.
Parents, pupils and staff tackled litter at the park near the school while reception and key stage one children gave the school grounds a once over.
The clean-up was organised as part of the school’s Everybody Writes Day, which has a litter theme for this term.
Pupils created newspaper reports and writing poems during litter-themed activities in and out of the classroom.
Amy Bryant, head of English, said: “The pupils absolutely loved the litter pick and thought it was great fun.
You may also want to watch:
“It has really brought it to life for the children and they are more aware of taking pride in their surroundings.”
Regular litter-picks are now set to be organised to keep up the good work.
- 1 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 2 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 3 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 4 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 5 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 6 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 7 Levels youngsters sign Premier League and Football League contracts
- 8 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 9 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 10 Connor Wood keen to keep developing at Leyton Orient under Kenny Jackett