Primary school pupils litter-pick Canning Town Recreation Ground
- Credit: Archant
Bin bags full of rubbish were removed from Canning Town Recreation Ground during a litter pick organised by Rosetta Primary School.
Parents, pupils and staff tackled litter at the park near the school while reception and key stage one children gave the school grounds a once over.
The clean-up was organised as part of the school’s Everybody Writes Day, which has a litter theme for this term.
Pupils created newspaper reports and writing poems during litter-themed activities in and out of the classroom.
Amy Bryant, head of English, said: “The pupils absolutely loved the litter pick and thought it was great fun.
You may also want to watch:
“It has really brought it to life for the children and they are more aware of taking pride in their surroundings.”
Regular litter-picks are now set to be organised to keep up the good work.
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 5 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 6 West Ham Academy legend receives honorary doctorate from UEL
- 7 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 8 Things to do: Enjoy the last of summer out in east London this weekend
- 9 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k
- 10 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim