PREVIEW: Leyton Orient v Brighton & Hove Albion
New defender in line for his debut, but McGleish misses out.
DEADLINE DAY signing Jason Crowe is set to make his Orient debut tonight, when league leaders Brighton & Hove Albion make the trip to Brisbane Road.
The 32-year-old may come straight into the starting lineup in place of Andrew Whing, who has started each of Orient’s last six matches in the absence of regular right-back Elliot Omozusi through injury.
Manager Russell Slade confirmed veteran striker Scott McGleish will miss the match through injury and must decide whether to include skipper Stephen Dawson or Adam Chambers in the centre of midfield, with both struggling for fitness.
“Scott McGleish will be out for the short term, but Stephen Dawson has a 50/50 chance of making it,” said the Orient boss.
You may also want to watch:
“It was good that Chambo returned on Saturday. He played for 20 minutes without a problem and with the games coming thick and fast we need to get as many bodies back as possible.”
Brighton, who beat Slade’s side 5-0 on New Year’s Day, will give a late fitness test to midfielder Radostin Kishishev while Adam El-Abd and goalkeeper Casper Ankergren are set to return, after being rested in the FA Cup win over Watford.
- 1 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 2 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 3 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 4 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Mayor of Newham: 'Supporting young people after tragedies'
- 8 Unmesh Desai on his priorities after winning City and East election
- 9 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation