PREVIEW: Leyton Orient v Brighton & Hove Albion
New defender in line for his debut, but McGleish misses out.
DEADLINE DAY signing Jason Crowe is set to make his Orient debut tonight, when league leaders Brighton & Hove Albion make the trip to Brisbane Road.
The 32-year-old may come straight into the starting lineup in place of Andrew Whing, who has started each of Orient’s last six matches in the absence of regular right-back Elliot Omozusi through injury.
Manager Russell Slade confirmed veteran striker Scott McGleish will miss the match through injury and must decide whether to include skipper Stephen Dawson or Adam Chambers in the centre of midfield, with both struggling for fitness.
“Scott McGleish will be out for the short term, but Stephen Dawson has a 50/50 chance of making it,” said the Orient boss.
You may also want to watch:
“It was good that Chambo returned on Saturday. He played for 20 minutes without a problem and with the games coming thick and fast we need to get as many bodies back as possible.”
Brighton, who beat Slade’s side 5-0 on New Year’s Day, will give a late fitness test to midfielder Radostin Kishishev while Adam El-Abd and goalkeeper Casper Ankergren are set to return, after being rested in the FA Cup win over Watford.
- 1 Stephen Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 3 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 4 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 5 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 6 Indian restaurants to try in Newham, as recommended by readers
- 7 New Covid vaccine centres to open across east London
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Campaigners protest City Farm closure at Town Hall with 6,000-strong petition
- 10 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder