Powerboats and jetskis set to race in Docklands
- Credit: Archant
A spectacle of white water, noise and excitement is coming to Docklands with the launch of the Powerboat P1 race championship.
The event is the fastest-growing marine motorsport series in the world and will be launched by powerboats and jet skis tearing through Victoria Docks next Saturday (March 29).
The event will preview the P1 SuperStock and AquaX Championships which are set to be held around the country during the summer.
Saturday’s action will be based at the Siemens Crystal building, with displays beginning at 10am followed by fast and furious P1 AquaX racing at 11.30am and P1 SuperStock match racing at 2pm.
Members of the public will be able to chat to race teams and drivers during signing sessions, and an exhibition about the sport will also be held in the Siemens Crystal building.
You may also want to watch:
James Durbin, CEO of Powerboat P1 said: “London and the Docklands provide the ideal setting for our season launch.”
For more information, visit p1superstock.co.uk
- 1 'Dangerous and predatory' Newham man found guilty of child sex assault
- 2 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 3 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 4 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 5 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 6 Free cultural events and family activities in the Royal Docks announced
- 7 Demand for urgent action as Newham lags behind in Covid-19 jabs
- 8 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 9 RuPaul's Drag Race UK star Bimini Bon Boulash makes Covid-19 jabs call at London Stadium pop-up clinic
- 10 Stabbing victim 'pursued attackers in his car and crashed into them'