Post delivery changes in East Ham and Plaistow
More of the borough’s residents and businesses will be seeing changes to the way and times at which their post is delivered as Royal Mail introduces new working arrangements.
The changes are being phased in in the East Ham and Plaistow postal codes where postmen and women will be delivering over a longer period and the time at which mail arrives will depend on where addresses are on a new delivery route. For some this could be later or earlier than the usual times.
A spokesman for Royal Mail said where mail volumes vary, the organisation may need to adjust delivery arrangements and times. It is writing to every home and business in East Ham and Plaistow about the changes.
He said: “ The way in which we communicate with each other has changed dramatically. Unfortunately, fewer letters are now posted every day and Royal Mail needs to organise its delivery routes to be as efficient as possible. We also deliver more larger items and so we are investing in new equipment to carry these items to customers even more securely. The new equipment also reduces the risk of injury to our postmen and women from carrying heavier mail bags.”
Steve Borley, Royal Mail’s Delivery Sector Manager, said: “We are proud of the high regard in which our postmen and women are held in East Ham. The changes to delivery routes will mean that a member of our local and experienced team will still be delivering to our customers in East Ham and Plaistow.
You may also want to watch:
“The local delivery team and I are fully committed to providing a high quality of service that is as reliable and friendly as customers have come to expect from Royal Mail over many years.”
- 1 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 2 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 3 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 4 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Mayor of Newham: 'Supporting young people after tragedies'
- 8 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 9 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 10 Unmesh Desai on his priorities after winning City and East election