Porter looks set to stay at Orient
O’s chief executive confirms there has been no enquiry for young winger
Championship side Ipswich have been showing an interest in Orient winger George Porter and were at The Matchroom on Saturday to watch him score a superb solo effort against Bromley in the FA Cup.
But Orient chief executive Matt Porter confirmed that there has not been any interest for the former Cray Wanderers youngster, who has burst onto the scene this season.
“We have not had an enquiry from anyone about George,” he said.
However, the chief executive confirmed there was a recent bid for another Orient player.
You may also want to watch:
“We did have an enquiry for a player and although they came back with an improved offer it’s not something that we wish to persue,” he said,
Although Porter did not want to reveal the identity of the player concerned, League One rivals Bournemouth made a cheeky bid for defender Charlie Daniels, who is out of contract in the summer.
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 6 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards
- 9 What's on across east London this weekend?
- 10 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work