Porter looks set to stay at Orient
O’s chief executive confirms there has been no enquiry for young winger
Championship side Ipswich have been showing an interest in Orient winger George Porter and were at The Matchroom on Saturday to watch him score a superb solo effort against Bromley in the FA Cup.
But Orient chief executive Matt Porter confirmed that there has not been any interest for the former Cray Wanderers youngster, who has burst onto the scene this season.
“We have not had an enquiry from anyone about George,” he said.
However, the chief executive confirmed there was a recent bid for another Orient player.
You may also want to watch:
“We did have an enquiry for a player and although they came back with an improved offer it’s not something that we wish to persue,” he said,
Although Porter did not want to reveal the identity of the player concerned, League One rivals Bournemouth made a cheeky bid for defender Charlie Daniels, who is out of contract in the summer.
- 1 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 2 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 3 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 4 'Concern over reliability of cladding and fire safety assessments'
- 5 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 6 Newham to roll out greener fleet as part of £20m plans
- 7 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 8 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 9 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 10 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs