Porsche giveaway pounces on Plaistow winner
- Credit: Archant
A Plaistow petrol-head has won a Porsche after entering a competition at Westfield shopping centre in Stratford.
Matthias Toth, orginally from Germany, was ambushed by Best of the Best boss Will Hindmarch as he came home from shopping yesterday.
The car dealership has given away a car a week since November 2014 – a total of more than £17million worth of vehicles.
The 42-year-old Matthias was so excited he asked if he could drive straight to the dealership to spec his Porsche Cayman GT4.
“Wow, I can’t believe it. thanks so much,” he said as he received the car – along with £10,000.
Boss Will started Best of the Best in 1999 at Heathrow Airport and said surprising winners is one of the best parts of the job.
“It’s a painstaking job tracking them down – but we always manage it somehow,” he said. “We pounced on Matthias as he walked back from the shops – he couldn’t believe it.”
- 1 First Omicron case reported in Newham
- 2 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 3 'London is moving east': City Hall's Crystal move confirmed for New Year
- 4 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 5 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 6 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 7 Hammers fans show support for Christmas Toy Appeal
- 8 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 9 Things to do in east London this weekend
- 10 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped