Poppy Appeal calls for volunteers
Remembrance Sunday is a some time away but organisers of the Poppy Appeal are already looking for volunteers.
They will be holding a Volunteer Open Day today September 13 at their Appeal Offices in Fleet Street and want you to go along.
There will be three slots during the day: Morning: 10am – 12pm, Afternoon: 2pm – 4pm or Evening: 5pm-7.30pm.
The event will give potential volunteers the chance to come and meet the team, see the new office and also find out about the different volunteer roles on offer for this year’s Appeal.
This event is for office and event support roles. Collecting slots will be released October 9 and details on locations and how to bag your spot will be sent prior to that date.
You may also want to watch:
The London Poppy Appeal Offices are at 158-160 Fleet Street, London EC4A 2DQ
Check http://www.britishlegion.org.uk/counties/greater-london/volunteering/poppy-appeal-volunteering-opportunities/volunteer-open-day/ for the event.
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 3 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 4 Tributes to Pearly King of Newham who has died aged 79
- 5 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme
- 6 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 8 Kitchens from independent chefs coming to Beckton in Raymond Blanc-supported project
- 9 Queen's 1983 visit to St Mary Magdalene's marked with unveiling of new plaque
- 10 Tracey Emin sculpture unveiled at The Line art trail in Three Mills