Poppy Appeal calls for volunteers
Remembrance Sunday is a some time away but organisers of the Poppy Appeal are already looking for volunteers.
They will be holding a Volunteer Open Day today September 13 at their Appeal Offices in Fleet Street and want you to go along.
There will be three slots during the day: Morning: 10am – 12pm, Afternoon: 2pm – 4pm or Evening: 5pm-7.30pm.
The event will give potential volunteers the chance to come and meet the team, see the new office and also find out about the different volunteer roles on offer for this year’s Appeal.
This event is for office and event support roles. Collecting slots will be released October 9 and details on locations and how to bag your spot will be sent prior to that date.
You may also want to watch:
The London Poppy Appeal Offices are at 158-160 Fleet Street, London EC4A 2DQ
Check http://www.britishlegion.org.uk/counties/greater-london/volunteering/poppy-appeal-volunteering-opportunities/volunteer-open-day/ for the event.
- 1 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 2 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 3 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 4 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 7 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 8 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 9 Family given 'gift' of week to say goodbye to son who died at 10 minutes old
- 10 Man in critical condition after triple shooting in Newham