Polish contemporary art celebrated through Canning Town website
- Credit: Archant
An art graduate from Canning Town wants to raise the profile of Polish artwork across the capital.
Sylwia Krason, 30, of Roberston Road, graduated with an MA degree in Arts Policy and Management from Birbeck College before working in a number of London galleries.
Last year she launched her own not-for profit website, Contemporary Lynx, with the aim of encouraging an appreciation and understanding of Polish contemporary art.
“London is the perfect place to organise something like this and the diversity within Newham makes it a great base,” she explained.
“It’s exciting because there’s nothing else like it out there.”
Through weekly articles about interesting and prestigious art events around the world where Polish artists participate and succeed as well as information about art market and ways of collecting contemporary art.
And she aims to expand the exposure through more community-based events, hoping to showcase Polish artists in special exhibitions.
- 1 Newham refuse workers vote to strike over pay dispute
- 2 Kelman's first goal lifts Leyton Orient to third straight win
- 3 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 4 'There is a cover-up going on somewhere', says flat death OAP's daughter
- 5 Man suffers leg wound in Beckton stabbing
- 6 London among areas where drought is declared
- 7 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 8 Ex-nurse laid decomposing 'on display' after Met Police searches missed body in flat
- 9 Two guilty of killing rapper who featured in BBC teen knife crime documentary
- 10 Man arrested and bailed as Custom House stabbing victim recovers
She added: “Art can approach people and change the atmosphere of the area.”
For more information visit www.contemporarylynx.co.uk.