Polish contemporary art celebrated through Canning Town website
- Credit: Archant
An art graduate from Canning Town wants to raise the profile of Polish artwork across the capital.
Sylwia Krason, 30, of Roberston Road, graduated with an MA degree in Arts Policy and Management from Birbeck College before working in a number of London galleries.
Last year she launched her own not-for profit website, Contemporary Lynx, with the aim of encouraging an appreciation and understanding of Polish contemporary art.
“London is the perfect place to organise something like this and the diversity within Newham makes it a great base,” she explained.
“It’s exciting because there’s nothing else like it out there.”
You may also want to watch:
Through weekly articles about interesting and prestigious art events around the world where Polish artists participate and succeed as well as information about art market and ways of collecting contemporary art.
And she aims to expand the exposure through more community-based events, hoping to showcase Polish artists in special exhibitions.
- 1 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 2 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 3 'Dangerous and predatory' Newham man found guilty of child sex assault
- 4 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 5 Demand for urgent action as Newham lags behind in Covid-19 jabs
- 6 Charting Jack the Ripper's 'rival' in the West Ham murders
- 7 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 8 Dame Vera Lynn memorial campaign announced on first anniversary of star's death
- 9 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 10 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
She added: “Art can approach people and change the atmosphere of the area.”
For more information visit www.contemporarylynx.co.uk.