Polish contemporary art celebrated through Canning Town website
- Credit: Archant
An art graduate from Canning Town wants to raise the profile of Polish artwork across the capital.
Sylwia Krason, 30, of Roberston Road, graduated with an MA degree in Arts Policy and Management from Birbeck College before working in a number of London galleries.
Last year she launched her own not-for profit website, Contemporary Lynx, with the aim of encouraging an appreciation and understanding of Polish contemporary art.
“London is the perfect place to organise something like this and the diversity within Newham makes it a great base,” she explained.
“It’s exciting because there’s nothing else like it out there.”
You may also want to watch:
Through weekly articles about interesting and prestigious art events around the world where Polish artists participate and succeed as well as information about art market and ways of collecting contemporary art.
And she aims to expand the exposure through more community-based events, hoping to showcase Polish artists in special exhibitions.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Children demand action on global warming at Upton Park protest
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
She added: “Art can approach people and change the atmosphere of the area.”
For more information visit www.contemporarylynx.co.uk.