Police want three men following Stratford McDonald’s assault
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after an assault outside a Stratford fast food restaurant left a man with head injuries, and have released CCTV footage of three men they want to speak to in connection.
Officers were called at around 1.50am on Sunday, December 27, to reports of an assault outside McDonald’s in The Mall of the Stratford Centre.
The 37-year-old victim was ejected from the eatery by security following a disagreement, but was followed out by one of three suspects who hit him in the face.
This caused the man to fall backwards and hit his head on the floor, before the three suspects fled the scene heading towards the city as the victim lay on the ground.
The London Ambulance Service were called and the man was taken to an east London hospital where he was later operated on for bleeding on the brain, although his injuries are no longer life-threatening.
You may also want to watch:
One of the suspects captured by CCTV is described as a black man, with short hair, wearing a black padded jacket, dark trousers and black shoes.
Another is described as a man with short black hair and beard wearing a black puffa-style jacket, with blue jeans and black shoes.
- 1 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 2 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 3 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 4 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 7 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 8 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 9 Family given 'gift' of week to say goodbye to son who died at 10 minutes old
- 10 CCTV image released after rape reported in Forest Gate
The third suspect is described as a black man, with short black hair and beard wearing a dark padded jacket, black trousers and black shoes.
Anyone with information, or who recognises any of the men, should call police on 101 quoting reference numbers 199075 for suspect one, 199079 for suspect two or 199081 for suspect three.
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.